Monday, April 22, 2019

March NMQ Meeting recap

Hello everyone!

Wow, what a fun meeting we had Saturday! I handed out a printout of "How to Do a Burn Test to Identify Fibers" -- I thought it was so interesting! If you want that information, you can get it here: SPRUCEQUILTS.COM

Next month, our discussion topic will be: Are quilt blogs dead? I don't think there's a right or wrong answer! I also thought I'd include a little list of upcoming events, and any deadlines we have upcoming -- that will be at the end of the email.

Our rainbow fabric swap was sure good -- and our next swap will be a pincushion swap! We will have partners, so if you would like to participate, please email nebomodernquilters@gmail.com as soon as possible -- I think Denise will be assigning the partners within the next week or so. 

Our UFOs were due too -- and it was so fun to see everyone's projects! So many of our projects were more than a couple of years old, and isn't it so nice to get them finished?! Here's mine, already hanging in my stairway:


I hope you have a fun month! We'll be wrapping up most of the school year, finishing soccer and track, and just generally being crazy people -- I think I'll probably need a LOT of quilting therapy, haha!

❤ Natalie :)


UPCOMING EVENTS:
May 18    10am                Nebo Modern Quilters meeting
May 30    10am                Sew Day
June 15    10am-4pm      Nebo Modern Quilters RETREAT
                                            Color of the Year Challenge DUE
                                            Pincushion Swap DUE
June 30   10am                Sew Day

No comments:

Post a Comment